We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
European logistics footprint strategy
Founded in 2001, Certis Europe was created from three businesses acquired by Mitsui & Co. Ltd during the 1990’s operating in the UK, France and Netherlands. It has since grown to become a European crop protection specialist providing sales and marketing services to its suppliers alongside development and regulatory support.
Groenewout supported the Certis logistics team in identifying financial opportunities on the (inter-) continental inbound transport flows from suppliers, via tollers and distribution centers, to end customers.
Groenewout conducted logistics scenario simulations on the following solutions:
- Transition from air freight to sea- and road freight;
- Implementation of consolidated import- or export hubs;
- Direct shipments from supplier to end customer, bypassing the distribution centers;
- Increasing the minimum order quantities at suppliers, this creating full container shipments.
- > 20% on potential costs savings on inbound transportation costs;
- > 5% savings on outsourced storage- and handling rates following a logistics benchmark.