ExxonMobil Chemical is one of the largest petrochemical companies worldwide. Their film division is one of the world largest manufacturers of polypropylene films for the packaging industry. In Europe they have t
three production locations for plastic film: Brindisi (I), Kerkrade (N) and Virton (B)
Since their start in Europe 1977 Groenewout was heavily involved in the design and engineering of the greenfield plants in Kerkrade, Virton and Brindisi.
From time to time Exxonmobil asked Groenewout for extensions, changes and upgrades of their facilities.
One of these questions was the upgrade of the production line 802; this implicated among others the installation of a bin with a load of twice the existing load.
- Check of the existing structure: foundation and steel structure;
- Provide drawings for the installation of a heavy bin and reinforcement of the existing steel structure;
- Design a plan for a temporary opening of the roof, in order to install the new bin, and make drawings and specifications.
- Experience in the engineering of production and logistic plants
- Experience in the ongoing operations of production facilities during building activities
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.