EDC compliant with rules & state-of-the-art security system
Avnet with sales of $12.8 billion is one of the largest distributors of semiconductors, interconnect, passive and electromechanical components and computer products.
Avnet’s rapid expansion in Europe as a wholesaler for electronic components resulted in a scattered operation with warehouses at numerous locations. Avnet wanted to centralize all warehouses into a European Distribution Center (EDC) to improve the service level to customers.
Groenewout preformed the following:
- Analysis of all good flows to and from the EDC
- Design of the optimum logistics concept allowing for a 40% sales increase in the first five years
- Design of the complete logistics process in the new EDC and a dynamic simulation of logistics process
- Design of the EDC building with all logistics and technical installations
- Project management of the entire project excluding IT.
The shelf storage area complies with ESD regulations to handle sensitive components. The whole facility is guarded by advanced security systems.
- 98% Stock availability for all of Europe
- Lower operational costs
- Expansion opportunities build into the design.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.