We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Distribution network study
Accell Group N.V. focuses internationally on the mid-range and higher segments of the market for bicycles and bicycle parts and accessories. In Europe, Accell Group is market leader in the bicycle market measured in turnover. Accell Group’s best known brands are Haibike (Germany), Winora (Germany), Batavus (Netherlands), Sparta (Netherlands), Koga (Netherlands), Lapierre (France), Ghost (Germany), Raleigh and Diamondback (UK, US, Canada), Tunturi (Finland), Atala (Italy), Loekie (Netherlands) and XLC (international).
Groenewout was asked to develop a new distribution network direction for Accell’s part & accessories division in Europe. This concerned 11 warehouses with circa 1.4 mio. shipments per year.
Three key milestones have been defined for this project:
- A Basic Data Document (BDD) , capturing the AS-IS logistics volumes , – costs and the Marketing & Sales (M&S) business requirements.
- An overview of the most feasible distribution strategies, both on footprint as on route-to-market strategy.
- Specified financial business case.
- Recommendation on the strategic direction of Accell’s distribution structure in Europe (footprint).
- Product portfolio analysis to determine the impact on inventory levels throughout the supply chain.
- Design of the organizational set-up supporting the logistics strategy.