Develop Supply Chain Strategy
As one of the world’s leading specialty biopharma-ceutical companies, Shire is organized into three divisions: Specialty, Human Genetic Therapies, and Regenerative Medicine.
Since Shire’s formation just over 25 years ago, they have become one of the world’s leading specialty biopharmaceutical companies. Given this growth path, Shire is in the process of preparing its international supply chains to facilitate the internal & external business trends as expected in the 5 years to come.
Groenewout developed the SC strategy through a 3-step approach:
- Provide a framework for the strategic issues and opportunities (costs reductions, customer service improvements & reliability) for the coming 5 years in Shire’s supply chains, based on actual Shire data.
- Provide a detailed business case for each of the costs & service opportunities as identified, consisting of operational expenses , capital expenses , customer service impact and business risks.
- A toll-gate review for each of the business cases, and actual implementation of the positively evaluated business cases.
- Increased throughput capacity of the supply chains network
- Reduction of logistics costs, whilst servicing stricter lead-times