Develop functional design for new DC
Coolmark, ECR & Uniechemie are three subsidiaries of wholesaler Beijer Ref, specialized in refrigeration and air conditioning. All three entities market and sell refrigeration systems and components for both commercial and industrial systems
Beijer Ref identified a new business opportunity in consolidating the warehouse and assembly operation of the three mentioned entities into one new consolidated Benelux warehouse.
Groenewout was asked to assist in developing a functional design for the new DC.
- Revision of the current logistics operation and concepts
- Development of new data set for consolidated operation
- Suggest and compare possible alternative concepts
- Determine preferred future state and functional design of consolidated DC
- Quantification of various logistic scenarios (goods flows, FTEs, costs), to support the decision making
- Investment budget and operational costs for new facility
By moving to a consolidated operation new opportunities emerge, allowing all three entities to benefit from the increase in throughput volumes.
This offered them the possibility to implement a partially mechanized operation, including an Autostore system.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.