Design material handling
B&S Group is a global distribution partner for consumer goods, both food and non-food.
There international customers are in:
- Retail (B2B); Value, online, secondary, underserved, duty-free;
- Maritime; Ship suppliers and cruise lines;
- Remote; Caterers at remote industrial sites, peacekeeping missions, government and defence operations;
- Retail (B2C); Customers in (travel) retail outlets and specialty retail markets.
Due to significant growth, B&S was looking to extent its warehouse in Dordrecht. The ambition of senior management was to implement a mechanization solution with automatic cranes.
- B&S asked Groenewout to design the material handling concepts, i.e. receiving, put-away, storage, picking, packing and shipping of their stocked products in the TO-BE extended Dordrecht warehouse.
- After the logistics design Groenewout supported B&S with the project management (both building as logistics equipment) and Go-Live support of the extended warehouse facility.
- One stop shop solution for the logistics & warehouse design, tendering & contracting, construction management and GO-Live support.
- Trusted advisor for logistics and warehouse projects within the different business units of B&S.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.