We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Design logistics concept new DC including IT control and facilities
Headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, OMRON Corporation is a global leader in the field of industrial automation: control systems, advanced sensors and health care products. Omron products are used in coffee percolators and cash machines, traffic lights and petrol pumps, in hospitals and surgeries and, of course, in Industrial Automation systems throughout the world.
Due to growth in Europe, Omron decided to re-organize its European distribution and to upgrade the national distribution center in ‘s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands, into the European Logistics Centre (EMEA). Groenewout was asked to design the logistic concept for the “new” distribution center including IT control and surrounding facilities.
Groenewout performed a feasibility study to find the most optimal logistic concept and belonging equipment, including the required WMS functionalities. A simulation study completed and confirmed the logistic design. To house the new operations the existing warehouse needed to be extended, more than doubled in size and volume.
- Integrated and coordinated design of the logistic processes in a new environment:
- Pallet racking, narrow aisles, for full case picking
- Case-flow racking in 3 levels, fast movers
- Automated mini-load storage, 4 aisles, slow movers
- Connecting bin conveyor system
- Extended WMS.
- Building extension (construction, civil, electric, mechanical, fire safety etc.)