Definition of supply chain strategy
Polpharma wanted to review and professionalize its supply chain concepts to support their extensive sales growth and the opening of the European market with the accession of Poland in the EU. Polpharma’s mission was defined to create a competitive advantage through leading supply chain management concepts.
Groenewout supported Polpharma in transferring the above mission statement and objectives into “operational” supply chain management initiatives. This was conducted through the following approach:
- Assessment of the current supply chain performance & an external Pharma benchmark on supply chain characteristics
- Identification and definition of cost savings & customer service opportunities
- Definition of strategic initiatives to set-up and implement the defined opportunities.
- A definition of Polpharma’s supply chain strategy and a definition of the strategic imperatives to formulate and help execute the identified strategy
- Definition of supply chain initiatives to move to the future supply chain strategy
- Go-forward tactics: project approach.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.