Define global standard logistics processes
Decowraps is a manufacturer and leading supplier for the floral industry, supplying packaging options for all levels of fresh flowers and potted plants.
Following a previous project deciding on warehouse size & logistics concept for their newly built DC, Decowraps initiated a new project to develop a global standard for their logistics processes. Furthermore, Decowraps wanted to investigate the possible gains from implementing a WMS and how product identification & master data management could be improved.
- Process mapping of As-Is situation, combined with a detailed breakdown of the corresponding productivities.
- Development of optimized To-Be situation, creating a global standard for all 3 Decowraps locations.
- Fit-Gap analyses of functional & technical WMS requirements for 3 DCs, looking at both on premise and cloud solutions.
- Estimate CAPEX & OPEX to support decision-making process.
- Flow charts of As-Is & To-Be situation
- Process description of To-Be situation
- Simulated & optimized productivity models for all 3 locations
- Quantitative & Qualitative evaluation of WMS options
- CAPEX & OPEX estimate for WMS implementation
- Business case for product identification solutions
- Recommendations on master data management improvements.
- RFQ documents to start WMS tendering procedure
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.