Cost savings in (inbound) transport and business processes
Spandex is one of the world´s leading trade suppliers to the sign making and display industries. Spandex specializes in the sales, distribution and support of digital printing, cutting, routing, related materials and aluminum sign systems
Over the last three years Spandex reduced its freight financials with over 15%, mainly in outbound distribution. For the coming years Spandex is aiming for a further reduction, where the focus will be on both (inbound) transport and its related business processes in Europe and Australia.
- Performance scan and benchmarking
- Determine improvement areas on SMART principles
- Priority definition on those projects applicable for implementation
- Implementation planning and its associated investments/resources
- Business unit acceptance and change management
- Circa 15% savings identified in yearly inbound transport spend
- Route-to-market assessment to identify the margin per customer
- Product portfolio optimization, i.e. supplier sourcing matrix
Click here for the interview “Spandex saves five percent on its transport costs in Europe and Australia” by Marcel te Lindert (Journalist).
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.