We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
DC compliant hazardous materials regulations
Akzo Nobel Car Refinishes is a world leader in coatings for car repair and commercial vehicles. The Dutch sales division of Akzo Nobel Car Refinishes sells paints to auto body shops and makers of commercial vehicles such as trailers or buses.
Distribution was spread around several different locations: Heerenveen, Zwolle, Almelo and Arnhem. Paints were prepared for shipment to a wide range of end users from deco painting companies and yacht builders to “DIY” stores and auto repair shops. After a first distribution center for the western Netherlands, a second distribution center was build in the east. At location Wapenveld a new building for production and storage of car refinish products was made.
- Design of a new building incl. technical installations
- Layout design of logistics installation
- A new production facility and warehouse with offices and two storerooms complying with CPR15-2 regulations for hazardous goods.
- Groenewout ensured that requirements, including the restrictions imposed by fire regulations and local zoning laws where met including full compliance with CPR 15-2 regulations
- Groenewout took care of construction management and completed the building within time and budget at the desired quality level.