DC compliant hazardous materials regulations
Akzo Nobel Car Refinishes is a world leader in coatings for car repair and commercial vehicles. The Dutch sales division of Akzo Nobel Car Refinishes sells paints to auto body shops and makers of commercial vehicles such as trailers or buses.
Distribution was spread around several different locations: Heerenveen, Zwolle, Almelo and Arnhem. Paints were prepared for shipment to a wide range of end users from deco painting companies and yacht builders to “DIY” stores and auto repair shops. After a first distribution center for the western Netherlands, a second distribution center was build in the east. At location Wapenveld a new building for production and storage of car refinish products was made.
- Design of a new building incl. technical installations
- Layout design of logistics installation
- A new production facility and warehouse with offices and two storerooms complying with CPR15-2 regulations for hazardous goods.
- Groenewout ensured that requirements, including the restrictions imposed by fire regulations and local zoning laws where met including full compliance with CPR 15-2 regulations
- Groenewout took care of construction management and completed the building within time and budget at the desired quality level.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.