Conduct second opinion to determine optimal logistics concept
Decowraps is a manufacturer and leading supplier for the floral industry, supplying packaging options for all levels of fresh flowers and potted plants.
Decowraps identified new opportunities by insourcing their European logistics operation into a new to build DC.
Groenewout was asked to conduct a second opinion on an in-house performed logistics study in order to determine the capacity requirements and optimal logistics concept.
- Review the current & future needs for warehouse space and land plot estimate (m²).
- Advise on optimal storage systems and best practices to meet growth expectations in 2022 & 2027.
- Summarize labor (FTEs) and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) requirements based on the advised logistics concept.
- Estimate CAPEX & OPEX to support decision-making process.
- a model to calculate required warehouse space, labor and MHE for selected warehouse layouts.
- a financial business case on the selected scenarios, containing the operational costs as well as the initial investment.