We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Conceptual Design for Print & Apply Solution
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a US supplier of scientific instrumentation, reagents and consumables, and software services based in Massachusetts. Thermo Fisher was formed through the merger of Thermo Electron and Fisher Scientific in 2006. Annual revenue in 2021 was $39 billion.
In order to meet the business forecast, ThermoFisher is continuously expanding and optimizing their warehousing and handling capacity. One of the ideas was to automate the manual packing process by implementing an End-of-Line Print & Apply solution (P&A). ThermoFisher asked Groenewout to elaborate a high-level conceptual design of the best-fitted P&A solution for ThermoFisher’s DC at Bleiswijk. This high-level conceptual design shall be used as a blueprint to start the tendering phase in order to select the most compatible MHE integration partner.
- Site visit to understand pick and pack process (different flows and different temperature conditions)
- Define throughput flow (hourly averages and peaks)
- Define packing requirements and constraints
- Investigate feasible automatic (end-of-line) packing solutions in terms of specs, throughput capacity, required space, layout, CAPEX, maintenance cost, redundancy possibilities etc.
- Elaborate business case for capital request
- A feasible P&A-concept within 4 weeks.
- A detailed CAPEX estimate, potential savings and business case.
- In-depth market experience of possible automated packing solutions and integrators that are capable to implement the concept.