Change in production concept from BuildtoStock to BuildtoOrder
Increased competition, growth in the number of type of copiers and continuous product development required a change in production concept from Build to Stock to Build to Order. Stocks of raw materials and parts in the assembly area can be limited. Product specific, expensive and high volume parts can be kitted and delivered in kits to the assembly lines.
- Analysis of product specific and generic parts per copier type
- Optimization of kitting process
- Warehousing layout for preparation of kits
- Internal transport systems for delivery of kits to and in assembly lines.
- Minimized stock in assembly lines
- Minimized required production floor area
- Ability to assemble to order resulting in short and reliable delivery times.