Stiho is a large distributor of building materials, like wood and timber, panels, doors and isolation. From their warehouse in Utrecht, goods are picked, shipped and delivered throughout the Netherlands.
Stiho has the opportunity to increase the warehouse in Utrecht with the existing neighbor building. However, this building needs to be upgraded. Also a new logistics concept for the total new warehouse needs to be developed.
Activities done by Groenewout:
- Transportation study to analyze if a second warehouse is more optimal;
- Optimization of internal storage and picking methods and procedures;
- Business cases for mechanization;
- Design of the to be situation;
- Project management for the building upgrade;
- Support in the purchase and implementation of logistics equipment;
- Various simulation studies to support the optimal processes.
- Optimization of logistics processes and lay-out;
- Decisions based on data analysis;
- Support in complex discussions for the sprinkler.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.