Business Performance Improvement Study
Sapa Building System (Sapa BS), a division of the Sapa Group, is a European market leader of building systems based on aluminum profile solutions which operates in 21 countries and generates a yearly net sales of ca. €300 Mio.
To realize a gross margin growth Sapa identified a new challenge in increasing efficiency by 10-20%, which should result in a higher external service level.
Groenewout was asked to perform a business process assessment for Order-To-Delivery (OTD), combined with a customer survey to identify both required and perceived service levels for both internal & external customers.
- Mapping the OTD business processes.
- Data collection & analysis, linking order data to physical and information flows while identifying weak spots.
- (Internal) customer survey to benchmark agreed Service Levels with As-Is performance.
- Root-cause analysis to identify performance failure causes
- Better insights about real OTD performance level against SLA’s and what is reported.
- Advice on which parameters to consider for a fair OTIF measurement.
- Useful feedback from Customer survey to understand their perception.
- Overview of improvement potentials (including Impact-Effort matrix), with a detailed action log and roll-out plan.
- Due to open approach, the acceptance was carried by all business functions (operations, demand & supply planning, transport planning, customer service, finance).
Click here for the interview ‘SAPA streamlines its warehousing activities’.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.