We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Quick scan logistics process and define layout
Royal van Lent is a professional yacht construction company at the Kaag. They are making large custom built motor yachts and are growing rapidly.
As Royal van Lent was looking for an expansion of their docks in either Amsterdam or Rotterdam, the Port of Amsterdam decided to support Royal van Lent by asking Groenewout to perform a logistics quick scan on their processes and layout at the Kaag to look for opportunities going forward. After this quick scan Groenewout was asked by Royal van Lent to make the lay out of this new facility (internal and external). In this new facility even yachts of 140 meter can be built.
To realize this new layout several steps were taken;
- Different interview session with all stakeholders to set up a first drawing
- Several review meetings to discuss internal flows and external flows (the Kaag / subcontractors / etc.) with new drawing versions.
- A final approved drawing, overview of all m2 and a document in which all choices made are well documented.
- Royal van Lent has a complete set of documents to start with their engineering company and afterwards with their building company to start building and realizing this new facility in time (a new yacht which cannot be built in the Kaag has already been sold).
- In a very short time frame a shared layout with the input of all stakeholders has been defined.