Set up detailed layout extension and inhouse loading facility
Cargill’s facility in Berlin produces chocolate. It is used to produce finished products and to produce liquid chocolate for other brands.
Cargill Berlin wants to extend their cocoa building. Cargill is planning to execute this building extension by the end of 2018. Cargill requested Groenewout to set up a detailed layout of the extension and the inhouse loading facility.
To define this new set up and layout several steps were taken;
- Set up several new layout options with pro’s and con’s
- Define the best layout option with the most optimal and safe truck flow movements
- Set up several drawings to determine the best flow and detailed layout
- An optimal set up of the warehouse extension for cocoa production.
- An inhouse loading facility with well analyzed truck movements to create safe flows.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.