Blokker is a large retailing company in the Benelux. They have 2 DC’s (Geldermalsen / Mijdrecht) and more than 1.000 stores (with different brand names as Blokker, Marskramer, etc). Their main product categories are household, garden furniture, living and cooking. They have a separate e-commerce DC in Gouda.
Blokker needs to invest in their logistics, to reduce costs, to streamline (folder)promotions and to align capacities with expected retail volume reductions, in short, to make logistics ‘ready for the future’.
Given the current 2 DC’s set-up and knowing the logistics equipment in Geldermalsen being outdated, there is a need for a new logistics operation.
Groenewout was requested to develop a new Logistic Masterplan to make Blokker ready for the future;
- Change transport frequency
- Adjust flows
- Improve store efficiency
- Adjust promotion flows
- Change pick, sort pack process, MHE and layout
- Strategic plan for future logistic developments
- Change transport frequency to stores (reduce transport costs), reduce costs in stores by delivering per product group
- Increase capacity within Geldermalsen (storage and output) by changing processes and MHE
- Insight in strategic logistic concepts for the future