SCM Benchmark survey for healthcare industry
Vlerick Business School and Groenewout in partnership with the European Logistics Association are preparing a never seen before in-depth Supply Chain Management benchmark survey for the healthcare industry.
There is on Senior Management level a growth of awareness about the importance of Supply Chain Management and also a need of well implemented Supply Chains strategies to make the overall company more successful. An agile supply chain is a competitive advantage, but in reality the majority of the supply chain structure of healthcare companies can’t react flexible enough to meet the needs of their customer base.
- Gross margins are under pressure due to several reasons by i.e. growth of generics and OTCs stimulated by authorities, savings programs in the hospitals and by decrease of patent periods.
- EU-directives: i.e. serialization, parallel import, more stringent requirements enforced by GMP/GDP.
- Changing route-to-market strategies i.e. direct-to-patient/pharmacy.
- High value products affects working capital to finance R&D -> postponed customization.
- The customer expects better service levels in terms of i.e. stock availability, shorter delivery lead times, higher (L)OTIF-rate, order visibility, cargo monitoring.
The outcome of this study will deliver your organization great valuable findings and company specific recommendations.
This research has a three-fold value:
1. To provide in-depth insights about a company’s supply chain performance.
2. To get a clear understanding of who are the front runners and the stragglers, and what made them successful or not for the last 5 years.
3. To determine “new” standards of supply chain performance.
First of all the project aims to accomplish a benchmark of supply chains performance among manufacturing, pre-wholesale and wholesale companies in the healthcare industry. Secondly, we want to provide all participating companies with a company specific feedback on the strengths and weaknesses of their supply chains performance.
Are you a healthcare company interested in participating in this survey? Feel free to contact us for more information. The survey is open to all companies active in pharma, biotech, medical equipment, medical supplies and to all healthcare providers.
Are you a healthcare service provider (i.e. LSP, (Pre-)Wholesaler, MHE or Software supplier) interested in sponsoring this survey? for your benefits and further information.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.