We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Active Ants takes next step in Dutch expansion and opens a state-of-the-art e-fulfilment center in Roosendaal
- Expansion of e-commerce logistics activities in the Netherlands and Belgium
- New 20,000m² e-fulfilment center in Roosendaal
- Innovative: operatives are assisted by 105 robots
Active Ants, owned by bpost Group, has moved into its brand-new e-fulfilment center in Roosendaal where people and robots work side by side in a highly efficient set-up. The state-of-the-art warehouse prepares thousands of shipments on behalf of web shops. Active Ants now plans to open a facility in Belgium in 2021.
- Click here for the full article (source: Active Ants, 2020)
- See below for an impression of Active Ants’ state-of-the-art fulfilment center in Roosendaal (source: video by Active Ants, 2020)
Active Ants enlisted Groenewout’s expertise for support with the conceptual design decisions and supplier selection for its e-fulfilment center in Roosendaal. Groenewout helped Active Ants with the realization in terms of both logistics and construction-related aspects. An Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) solution was chosen for transporting boxes in order to minimize the number of conveyors.
The solution combines optimal scalability and flexibility with the lowest cost price. The project also investigated the implementation of automatic packaging machines.
“Groenewout did a fantastic job in supporting us during the realization of this new facility in Roosendaal. I’d especially like to thank Dirk Becks,” states Jeroen Dekker, Managing Partner of Active Ants.