Access for analyzing logistics data
Groenewout is pleased to inform you that its next training course Data Analysis in MS Access will take place in Breda on 16 May & 23 May, 2019. The program is organized over a 2 day period: Introduction and Advanced Course:
- Day 1 is a general introduction and is suitable for anyone who is interested in Data Analysis in Access.
- Day 2 is meant for individuals who have at least a basic knowledge of Access, but also for more experienced users. MS Access can provide an important source for supporting critical decision-making.
As IT systems have become more sophisticated and widely used, both the quantity and the quality of present day logistics data have substantially increased. It is essential to have the ability to analyze all this data using Access; in that this tool provides an important source for supporting critical decision-making. While at the same time one must not underestimate the possibility of making mistakes when analyzing data using Access, especially when in the hands of less experienced users.
At Groenewout, we frequently make use of Access databases; i.e. to analyze distribution networks, to optimize warehouses, stock levels, etc. We use Access regularly because only Excel is often too limited. The combination of Access and Excel offers many more possibilities. We have built up a significant knowledge base and experience level over the years.
Set-up of the course
Day 1: Course introduction – Thursday 16 May
- Introduction to Access databases, tables and queries
- How to import data into Access
- How to make basic queries
- When to use Excel, when Access?
Set-up of the course
Day 2: Advanced course – Thursday 23 May
- How to set-up a data model
- Verification of data and data integrity
- How to avoid mistakes and errors
- Examples of queries
- Tips & tricks
Data & Location
You can register for one or for both days:
- Day I : Thursday May 16 €299,-
- Day II: Thursday May 23 €299,-
Save 50€ off the total price when you register for two days.
Total course fee both days: €548 (normal €598).
The course takes place at Groenewout’s office in Breda, Claudius Prinsenlaan 132a, Gebouw B, 4818 CP Breda, the Netherlands.
The maximum number of attendees per course is 10 in order to ensure personal attention.
Click here for the registration form . For questions email Isabel Schouten or call +31 (0)76 533 04 40.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.